PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Build 20051205_2200.....

cipa11
2005-12-16, 12:50 AM
http://revit.autodesk.com/Building/8.1/common/download.asp?en-us

WHATS INSIDE?????
PLEASE FACTORY...IS SO HARD TO WRITE A .TXT FILE WITH:

- FIXES
- NEW FEATURES
- CANNOT BE FIXED.... YET....
- WOULD NEVER BE FIXED !!!....AKHHH !!!!
- ....JUST BROKEN GOOD FEATURES UNTIL THIS BUILD (UNDERLAYER...BELOW....ABOVE...)

WE DON'T BLAME YOU FOR FEATURES THAT CANNOT BE FIXED YET...IS NOT A SHAME..... WE KNOW THAT TO PRODUCE A GREAT SOFTWARE (REVIT!) IT'S A LONG WAY BUT LET US KNOW WHAT ARE THE GOOD FRUITS OR BAD FRUITS THAT YOU EXPERIENCE ON THIS WAY. WE ARE COMING AFTER YOUR STEPS AND WE WOULD LIKE TO TASTE THOSE FRUITS WITH YOU TOGETHER, NOT JUST TO INSTALL ANOTHER BUILD LIKE BLINDS.....AND TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

A GOOD EXAMPLE:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

PLEEEEASE......
15 MINUTES OF TEXT WRITING...

YOU ARE AUTODESK....MAAAAAN....NOT VIRTUALDJ..... they are great to!!!

BYE!

knurrebusk
2005-12-16, 01:04 AM
I finished all of my work this year, sticked to an old build.
But understand your frustration.

This is a simple thing for Autodesk to do, to keep their clients up to date.
I´ts also their strenght in the future, if they improve.

patricks
2005-12-16, 01:24 AM
you finished your work for this year?!?! :eek:

work at my office never finishes.....

BWG
2005-12-16, 01:35 AM
no kidding. would be nice to have some time off and money to go with it.

blads
2005-12-16, 02:07 AM
no kidding. would be nice to have some time off and money to go with it.I'd be be happy with a little time off...no rest for the wicked I suppose :wink:

MRV
2005-12-16, 02:08 AM
My "other" software package that I have to use (truss design) has a "what's new" dialogue box upon downloading and also in the menus above "About ..." in the help drop-down listing the reason for the upgrade. Most of the time it's about bug fixes, but it's kinda nice to know what's going on.

Come on, AutoDesk, give us a break.

Michael Vaughn
BWG Architecture

knurrebusk
2005-12-16, 02:33 AM
My "other" software package that I have to use (truss design) has a "what's new" dialogue box upon downloading and also in the menus above "About ..." in the help drop-down listing the reason for the upgrade. Most of the time it's about bug fixes, but it's kinda nice to know what's going on.

Come on, AutoDesk, give us a break.

Michael Vaughn
BWG Architecture

Yes this would work fine for me, you kind of know "whats going on"

knurrebusk
2005-12-16, 02:40 AM
you finished your work for this year?!?! :eek:

work at my office never finishes.....

I do most of my work in short periouds of time, then I get punished for the speed.

Construction is the part I need to focus on, since nice drawings do not build a house.

A3D
2005-12-16, 03:36 PM
Finally it's here!!!

I can join two concrete beams at a corner that has a column!
Previously impossible to have a clean join if the beams were wider than the pillar.

Thanks so much Factory :)

However, joining 2 concrete beams with a wall above still result in a mess as it automatically joins a beam to the wall.

cipa11
2005-12-16, 04:08 PM
SALUT RAZVAN!
MULTUMIM!

GOOD POINT RAZVAN.
THATS WHAT I HATE: TO SEARCH IN THIS FORUM ONLY TO KNOW WHAT'S NEW IN A NEW BUILD INSTEAD OF SEARCHING TO RESOLVE A REAL PROBLEM IN REVIT.
VERY! VERY! GOOD IDEA TO AD FEW LINES IN SOURCE CODE OF REVIT SOMEWHERE IN HELP AREA EVERY TIME YOU COMPILE A BUILD OR TO UPLOAD IT IN SITE.
AUTODESK HAS TO DO THIS JOB (THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CODING) NOT US!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN FIND ONLY PART OF THE GOODIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT USING ALL OF THEM. MAYBE ALL OF US WILL MISS SOME VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT NEW FEATURE.

WE LIKE TO PROMOTE REVIT (CAUSE IS A REALLY A GOOD TOOL !)

AUTODESK! YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!!!

WE HAVE TO KNOW ALL THE FEATURES EACH BUILD!

RESPECT!

I KNOW THAT THIS THREAD POPPED-UP FEW TIMES BUT IS TIME TO WAKE UP.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-16, 04:20 PM
The download link is broken... it only allows 1.89Mb of the file to be downloaded!

A3D
2005-12-16, 04:45 PM
The download link is broken... it only allows 1.89Mb of the file to be downloaded!

I spent a couple of hours to get it... it kept freezing.
Workaround:
- cancel the download when it stops.
- immediately start downloading again. It will resume just fine.
- keep doing this and you'll finally get it.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-16, 05:22 PM
It's probably a problem with our local ISP. The Factory has confirmed that the link is good at their end. It's happened before, and sometimes we have to wait a day for the files to become available.

For anyone who's interested... I believe this build does indeed fix a number of bugs in the behaviour of structural objects, among other things.

bowlingbrad
2005-12-16, 05:31 PM
...among other things.

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW! How hard is it for the factory to do this? THEY know what they fixed! It would be nice to let the rest of us know so that we can determine if we need to spend lots of unbillable hours upgrading a bunch of computers!

Whew... thanks for letting me vent...

david.kingham
2005-12-16, 05:48 PM
Maybe if we all call support today just to find out what the build fixes they will get the point....

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-16, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it... just download and use it ;-)

I'm curious too, but sometimes all the little fixes and so on aren't even documented at the Factory and it's quite a hassle for them to formally document them. Plus, if they have to disclose them, they have to do it officially, in an official manner, and that's a hassle too. We're dealing with a public company who has to do things in the appropriate manner.

A3D
2005-12-16, 07:26 PM
I'm curious too, but sometimes all the little fixes and so on aren't even documented at the Factory and it's quite a hassle for them to formally document them. Plus, if they have to disclose them, they have to do it officially, in an official manner, and that's a hassle too. We're dealing with a public company who has to do things in the appropriate manner.

Revit it's the first software I use that DOESN'T tell you the new features coming with an update.
We all know that there are vast undocumented fields of Revit (and this is a minus), so it shouldn't serve as an excuse to not write a release history. By the way, a history.txt distributed with the latest build it's quite official afaik.

Wes, what do you mean with a public company? What is the difference between Autodesk and say Adobe?
Adobe does document it's updates.
Just curious

A3D
2005-12-16, 07:33 PM
If the Factory doesn't want to describe the updates, at least it could explain its reasons for not doing so.

Not enough time? OK, we understand that. We all would like to have some more time for our projects.
Legal issues? OK, tell us so. We'll live with it.

Not fair, but at least somewhat more logical.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-16, 09:15 PM
In the US, the SEC has a number of rules companies have to follow with regards to features being proposed versus when they are implemented versus when the software is sold with said features. OK: so that's new releases. With fixes between builds I suspect that there are legalities with respect to documenting features added / bugs killed at any time and correlating that against Autodesk income. We probably need a lawyer to comment on this since it's probably beyond our collective knowledge as to what these rules are.

It's my understanding that the code for Revit is so "live" that it's different every day. Documentation of the actual changes between builds would just be too much to do practically speaking.

We had a support request in regarding some weird beam behaviour and we were told that it was to be fixed shortly, so that's why I guessed at what had changed in this build.

Scott D Davis
2005-12-16, 09:33 PM
Tatjana is a little busy at the moment preparing some reports on Revit which must be done today. After that, we should see a list of fixes in the latest build.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

cadkiller
2005-12-16, 10:08 PM
I would just be happy if they would notify me with an email about a new build being available. If I didn't check into AUGI, I would never know of a new build. This is really pissing me off that they don't advise people like they do with all their other products.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-16, 10:39 PM
Ed, they usually do post on the forums when a new build is out, especially if significant problems have been fixed. If there's no announcement it means that unless you're having problems you need not migrate to the new build.

knurrebusk
2005-12-16, 10:44 PM
Tatjana is a little busy at the moment preparing some reports on Revit which must be done today. After that, we should see a list of fixes in the latest build.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I´m a difficult person most of the time, but response like this make me happy.
Scott Davies made me stay with Revit, and will keep me hanging on.

Even if I need to work this weekend with old stuff.

BillyGrey
2005-12-16, 11:31 PM
Thanks for something substantial Scott, and tell Tat all of us users shouted "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays"

beegee
2005-12-17, 12:01 AM
New build details posted here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30805) by Tatjana.