PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fields mainly used in a title block

tim.101799
2005-12-20, 01:54 PM
I have a couple of questions reguarding fields in AutoCAD 2006, mainly fields that would be used in a title block.

1. - Is it possible to set up an attribute field so that the text can wrap?

2. - Is it possible to embed an Mtext field (with the text wrapping already defined) in a block that will update like an attribute based field.

3. - When ever I leave a line in the sheet set properties blank, the coresponding field in the drawing title block plots with a couple of dots. These dots are not defined as defualts in the title block attributs. By defualt they are blank. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim Mailloux

Glenn Pope
2005-12-20, 02:34 PM
Hi Tim

Please note that I have moved this thread from the General CAD Management forum to this one. I believe it would be better suited here.

Thanks!

Glenn Pope
2005-12-20, 02:42 PM
1. - Is it possible to set up an attribute field so that the text can wrap?No. Attributes are single line only.

2. - Is it possible to embed an Mtext field (with the text wrapping already defined) in a block that will update like an attribute based field.Yes. But if you are using it in conjuction with Sheet Set Manager then no. Mtext will not work if its part of the block.

3. - When ever I leave a line in the sheet set properties blank, the coresponding field in the drawing title block plots with a couple of dots. These dots are not defined as defualts in the title block attributs. By defualt they are blank. Any thoughts?Check out the following thread.

Blank / Empty Field data leave me with ---- (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=29993)

n.almeida
2006-01-12, 04:36 PM
Actually there is a way to leave the field empty, with nothing. Use the non-breaking space (Alt+0160). You can also use commas (Alt+0130).
I haven't tried them extensively but I think (hope) it won't be a problem.

Mike.Perry
2006-01-12, 04:50 PM
Actually there is a way to leave the field empty, with nothing. Use the non-breaking space (Alt+0160). You can also use commas (Alt+0130).
I haven't tried them extensively but I think (hope) it won't be a problem.Hi

If you follow the link given in Glenn's above post, you will find the solution for non-breaking space is presented there.

Have a good one, Mike

renmanz
2008-05-21, 11:28 PM
AutoCAD 2008 now has multiline Attributes that work. If you don't have or plan on upgrading you can only place multiline text with the field on top of your title block, not nested in the block.