PDA

View Full Version : Pad problem - different phases and Revit wont allow overlap

christo4robin
2004-03-23, 09:40 PM
I have several pads in the existing phase - demo'd during new construction. When I place another pad in the New construction phase, Revit gives me the overlapping pad error.

Seems like I ought to be able to lower the grade from one phase to another. Any suggestions?

christo4robin
2004-03-23, 10:48 PM
Checked help - no luck. I've got a meeting soon and dirt all over my stairs......

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

ita
2004-03-23, 11:01 PM
There are still issues with pads and site contouring that really work in each and every situation. The module requires some attention to get it to a state where the outcome of the user's action can be assured. However, having the module in the app is a bonus. I understand that site work is an optional (and costly) extra in Archicad

A similar problem occurred in V5.0 with doors and windows in walls. The issue seems to be mainly resolved in V6.0.

The best workaround I found was to demolish the entire wall and with it the inserted door and window elements. Then re-insert an entire new wall for the new construction phase along with the requisite doors, windows openings etc.

There are some significant issues around phasing and demolition etc. Two that I deal with are:

1. Changing the wall type finishes between phases. eg adding a new finish (or deleting an existing) to an existing wall as part of the refurbishment - such as render or tiling to an existing wall. The added (or deleted) finish could be phase compliant but it isn't.

2. Partial demolition of objects - roof, walls, slabs etc. One work around that I use is to split the object if possible and demolish the approp. split section. However it can depend where that split is placed. I find that splits near wall corners can "damage" the corner join and if a new wall is added to the existing in a new wall type the joins can act strangely. Also there can be a problem with closing or finishing the demolished end when the original wall had a particular close type and the new wall requires a different close at the interface. (Most times its easier to demolish the existing and replace.)

A solution could be for the wall type and wall type join interface to be phase specific. However that could be a bit of a programming nightmare I imagine.

To be able to change the finish of an object based on phasing would be a great tool. For example adding tiles to an existing floor or wall would be very helpful – especially as a defined layer over a defined area. Equally removing an existing applied finish (say render to an existing wall) in phase specific situation would be great!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sbrown
2004-03-24, 08:09 PM
I don't use pads they limit what you can do with the site greatyl. I just split my surface and delete the portions around the building. Its a pain but its the only way to control everything. I keep a copy of the orig. topo on the exist phase so I can refer to it if needed.