PDA

View Full Version : Footing Display

phyllisr
2005-12-22, 12:46 AM
This is picky, picky, picky and I know I can mask the line for display. The attached clip is an isometric view from under a small area in a project where we used continuous footings under a concrete wall and used isolated footings under the concrete columns. By joining the geometry of the continuous footings and the isolated footing, it all looks pretty fine and we are all happy with the section views and more. Life is good.

Except the line between the isolated footing and the continuous footing. Short of hiding that line everywhere, is there a simple way that joining the geometry will make all the footings appear as one continuous object at the perimeter of the building? Like the way it would be poured in this instance? Finally, how can I make the footings appear dashed? I cannot find a visibility setting for this and have been unable to set the cut plane with any kind of plan region to get what I want.

Like I said, picky, picky...

Thanks,
PBR

ejburrell67787
2005-12-22, 10:05 AM
Does your continuous footing stop on each side of the column pads? If so you could try running it through (continuous ;) ) and then doing a join geometry with the column pads.

You can override the line types in the view properties > visibility dialogue box - see attached image - and setting the lines to be dashed or whatever in the relevant plan(s).

ejburrell67787
2005-12-22, 10:11 AM
Ok just had go making some footings... - scrap my first comment. I can't see immediately how you might achieve it other than some judicious use of the linework tool.