PDA

View Full Version : 3d view pen thickness

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-12-22, 08:54 AM
I'm in a rush..working on construction sequence...I used 300 zoom size and 300 image quality but its look awful(shaded)l. Shaded images has a thicker line...Can it be change to thinner?

kpaxton
2005-12-22, 01:57 PM
I'm in a rush..working on construction sequence...I used 300 zoom size and 300 image quality but its look awful(shaded)l. Shaded images has a thicker line...Can it be change to thinner?
ALL lineweights are controlled through your SETTINGS > LINEWEIGHTS... dialogue. (SEE IMAGE). This, in conjunction with the scale of your view ( 1/4" or 1/8" or 3/16", etc.), controls your Projection lineweight of your families.

You'll notice that in your lineweights dialogue, there are 16 'pens' for your model. Each item in Revit gets an associated pen setting for things such as how they look when viewed from far away (projection) or how they are viewed in section (cut). By setting your walls, for example, to a lighter projection pen number, say 1 or 2, your renders will come out with lighter lines at the edges.

Each object's categories are controlled through the SETTINGS > OBJECT STYLES... dialogue.

Also note - these will control views such as plans, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, axons, 3D views, etc. IF you're using a camera for a perspective, then the PERSPECTIVE TAB in the Lineweights Dialogue will control these settings. Note - there is only ONE setting for perspectives.

However.... IF you really want to get fancy... and you want different settings for different views - let's say a different setting for schematic than cd's... then get your settings how you want them to look. Use a View Template....Go under VIEW > SAVE AS VIEW TEMPLATE... and save it under a name you'll remember - like Presentation Graphic Lines. Now you can change your pen settings to something else, or your scale, or whether the view has a Coarse or Fine setting. Save it under a NEW View template. Ta-DAH! Now you can make new views as much as you want and all you have to do is go under VIEW > APPLY VIEW TEMPLATE... and apply the template you want.

HINT: These can be transferred from project to project using FILE > TRANSFER PROJECT STANDARDS.

Hope this helps!
Kyle

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-12-23, 01:28 AM
Kyle

I've notice........ that if the camera is closer to the object the pen is thinner & If it is far away from the building its become thicker specially in birds eye view of bigger area like this 3 hec.

related issue...same as what I notice..........
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=29498&highlight=Perspective+thickness

Thanks Kyle..