PDA

View Full Version : Walls going into topography in elevation

patricks
2005-12-22, 07:39 PM
In an elevation view, what is the best way to get a line to show where the wall hits the toposurface? If the wall just goes into the toposurface, there is no line where the two meet in elevation (first pic). You can't join geometry of the toposurface and walls. If I make a pad with its boundaries along the outside face of the walls, then I get the line in elevation that I want (2nd pic), but then I get that wierd look of 2 objects faces in the same plane in any shaded view (3rd pic), and I also get extra lines from where the sides of the pad are showing in elevation. What is the best method to accomplish this?

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-12-22, 08:14 PM
Do you have the elevation for your pad set to a height that is above grade? If yes, just set the pad elevation to below your basement slab (think of it as an 'excavation' tool) and then turn it off in the elevation view.

patricks
2005-12-22, 09:34 PM
Yes that is what I ended up doing, but then I don't get the earth fill in section. This is a slab on grade BTW, no basement. The walls I showed will be foundation walls with backfill and slab poured at floor level.

ejburrell67787
2005-12-23, 10:02 AM
You can also cut out a section of the topo where the building is (subregion?) - that will give you a line where the topo ends against the wall. You don't need to delete the topo that you cut out though so the poche will still show. Just need to watch out if you go adjusting the elevation of the topo anywhere!

patricks
2005-12-23, 02:54 PM
Ah that's a cool idea, will try that.