PDA

View Full Version : Stair materials

aliya14
2005-12-23, 08:01 AM
Good day everyone,
I have tried showing a folded stair using the normail stair command, but what i want is the main stair should be concrete and only the tread surface with their thicknness should have a different material and do it the same for the risers, doing a monolithic stair i can have a concrete stair w diff materials for treads and risers but can't acheive a folded stair in that .
I tried using paint but these finishs on the treads require to have thickness & by virtue of paint isn't possible to achieving the same.
Can anyone help me w this?
Regards,
Aliya

ejburrell67787
2005-12-23, 10:04 AM
What's a folded stair?

aliya14
2005-12-23, 10:27 AM
I have attached the image of the stair ,what i have done is increased the tread thk and riser thk, now what i want is a different material for the stair tread and riser, and the original structure to be as concrete.
Please help with this.
Regards,
Aliya

ejburrell67787
2005-12-23, 10:49 AM
I'm not working on Revit at the moment so I can't check, but I think you might have to model a second stair in the same place as a monlithic stair can only be one material. Set the monlithic stair to finish below and behind the treads, then make your second stair with only treads and risers (nos tringers etc) of the materials you want.

nole
2005-12-27, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone!
Check this:
Stair is monolithic!
Is that what you need, Aliya?
It's REVIT 8.1!

Tom Dorner
2005-12-27, 04:29 PM
Not exactly sure what you are after, but check out the Stair Samples at:

http://revit.autodesk.com/library/html/index.html

They can be found under Revit Samples - Stair Samples

They were posted a year ago or so after AU and show numerous types of stairs that are possible in Revit. They make great starting points for developing new similar types without having to start from scratch.

There are also railing samples and repeating elements samples out they for you to use as well.

Tom