PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk University project wanted

jarod.tulanowski
2005-12-27, 06:58 PM
While I was in Autodesk University I was in a class called Advanced Autodesk® Revit® Building Techniques. while I was in the class they kept saying that they would post the project that they were working on (firehouse project I think) does anyone have this model? The modeling for this was awesome and I would like to mess around with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

tconley
2006-01-02, 01:57 PM
Was that the one with the great spider clip assembly?!
I'd like to know when and where that is going to be posted, as well.

On the same note, does anyone know whether these support files from seminars will be posted at AU Online or on different sites?

TheRevitGeek
2006-01-02, 08:25 PM
They are supposed to be place on the AUonline link they mailed you. I have found that the only ones that have been uploaded are the ones that were part of a Lab. The only one I have found is the class that Amy taught. I had asked this question to the AUonline contact and got no specific answers on this. If anyone does come across this I would like to know also.

Correction I just went and checked again and they have added a dataset from the basics of Revit with Paul Aubin. So as of this afternoon their are 2 datasets,but still no FIREDRILL.RVT file

frame
2006-01-03, 03:35 PM
Hi all.
I have contacted AU online support and asked that they makes these files available ASAP.

It looks like the recording of the session is now available, but the support files are still not there yet. One way or another, the firedrill building will be delivered to the masses for public consumption.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, and for your patience in this matter.
I'll keep you posted when I get more info.

Greg

frame
2006-01-04, 06:53 PM
Good news...the "firedrill" building has at last been posted on the AU online site.
To get to it, click the "more..." link at the end of the class description.
class number is BD41-1

Wes Macaulay
2006-01-04, 06:58 PM
This is a great example of nested families... great job Greg

dnilsson
2006-01-04, 08:33 PM
The two renderings that are included as jpegs in this file, I assume they were done in Viz, not in Accurender?

Wes Macaulay
2006-01-04, 09:05 PM
I suspect they are Accurender images. But Greg's got a good texture library ;-)

frame
2006-01-05, 04:32 PM
Images were made with accurender in Revit.
Good texture maps, and articulated geometry go along way.

jsaid
2006-01-05, 05:05 PM
Hello,

BD41-1 was a Great class (favorite class I attended at AU)

I do have a question though about downloading the “fire drill building”

I went to AU Online

Went to the “BD41-1 : Advanced Autodesk® Revit® Building Techniques”

And downloaded the file BD41-1.zip linked through the “Download Dataset (15MB)” button) and it only downloads a 2.4MB zipped file with only a “BD-41-1.doc” word doc in the file. Am I missing something here or did the Zipped file get changed.

Thanx!

Wes Macaulay
2006-01-05, 06:14 PM
Whoa -- you're right! Yesterday that link pulled down the entire Revit file... someone's made an error of some kind!

Scott D Davis
2006-01-05, 06:45 PM
Images were made with accurender in Revit.
Good texture maps, and articulated geometry go along way.
so, when are you gonna post the FRAME.MLIB ???

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-05, 09:27 PM
I got the file directly and wow is it awsome. Great job Greg this will open up eyes aroud our office to the power of revits familys

Rols
2006-01-06, 03:28 PM
I downloaded it this morning with no problems. It seems that most of the other datasets are now posted as well, although few people posted any Revit files.

Did anyone else catch that Greg built his "firedrill" model on a traditional wood model base?? The only thing that's missing is the plexiglass dust cover!

Thanks much, Greg. I've been trying to describe this stuff to everyone back here at the office and nobody quite believed me that you could do all that with a curtainwall. Now I can show them!!

AP23
2006-01-06, 08:33 PM
I hope they post either a handout or dataset of "BD22-1 : Wild Shapes Get Real with Autodesk® Revit® Building: Design Buildable Free-Form Shapes". I have been waiting for weeks.............and still waiting.

DaveP
2006-01-11, 10:28 PM
downloaded the file BD41-1.zip linked through the “Download Dataset (15MB)” button) and it only downloads a 2.4MB zipped file with only a “BD-41-1.doc” word doc in the file. Am I missing something here or did the Zipped file get changed.

I had the same problem as you did earlier. I just checked again and the ZIP file really is 17 Meg now.