PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall structure

AP23
2005-12-28, 12:19 AM
How do you make a curtain wall like this (see attachment)? Is the structure and bolts holding the glass panels a component made as a generic family?

blads
2005-12-28, 01:13 AM
I have no idea but I'd would have thought the that the main rails could be made as a custom mullion profile and the bolts holding the glass as generic models...

ideally you may be able to nest the two together??? just a thought

good luck

ToddVB
2005-12-28, 01:23 AM
Looks like two families.

One panel family and one mullion famliy. The panel may be the easiest with a few added extrusions at the corners and a connecting frame. You can probably create a mullion with a reveal chanel down the center, but I don't know how you'll get clean reveal joints at the mullion intersections.

Please sent a copy of the families to me when you succede.

ejburrell67787
2005-12-28, 11:28 AM
They showed how to make this kind of CW at an AU class. Basically the nodes are a generic family which is then nested in the Panel family. The nodes were shown created with visibility paramaters for the 4 arms so they could work at sides, corners and top/bottom etc where not all arms are required. 9 type of panels were created (think 9-square grid) for each of the panel conditions, each with the nodes with the correct amount of arms visible. I think they also modelled the mullions in the panels also.

The key really was to host as much as possible in the panels and pretty much ignore mullions.

AU class was Advanced Autodesk Revit Building Techniques BD41-1 with Greg Demchak, Lillian Smith and I think Phil Read as well.

(Which is where your image appears to come from...?)