PDA

View Full Version : callout shapes.

bskripac
2005-12-29, 02:02 PM
Is it possible to create a shape other than a rectangle when creating a callout?

blads
2005-12-29, 02:11 PM
Is it possible to create a shape other than a rectangle when creating a callout?I believe square / rectangular is all that is currently possible

bskripac
2005-12-29, 02:15 PM
I thought that was the case but I figured I would ask and see if there was a reponse otherwise.

sbrown
2005-12-30, 12:47 AM
You can adjust the radius to the corners so a circle is possible too.

bskripac
2005-12-30, 01:37 PM
That is interesting to modify the radius so it becomes a circle. That is a good trick. There is now way to have a polygon shape though is there, like an L shape?

SCShell
2005-12-30, 03:03 PM
That is interesting to modify the radius so it becomes a circle. That is a good trick. There is now way to have a polygon shape though is there, like an L shape?
Hey there,
I know that this qualifies as a "work around", but it works well for me.
If I want or need an "L" shaped callout, I simply place a callout the way it needs to shown in the specific view and then I go back to the plan and use drafted "white opaque" fill regions or white drafted lines to cover up the unwanted lines and radius corners of the callout. Then, I simply draw in the "L" shape on the plan with drafted lines to match my callout line style.. I pin everthing too so that they don't move on me later.

Hope this helps
Steve