PDA

View Full Version : Operable partition

jyount
2005-12-29, 02:22 PM
Is there any way that I can create an foldable partition walltype with a door in it? I know this could be accomplished with a Generic Wall, but I would like it to show up as a dashed line instead of solid lines? Thanks!

patricks
2005-12-29, 02:45 PM
If you're only working in one phase (all new contruction), you could set the wall to a previous phase and demolish it, and then use your phase graphic overrides to make the wall show as dashed.

aaronrumple
2005-12-29, 03:09 PM
You could do it as a curtain wall with a custom curtainwall panel(s).

(See attached.)

sbrown
2005-12-30, 12:38 AM
Curtain wall is the way to go, thats how the real ones are, you can make a mullion profile for the track at the top and bot. and various panels with doors, without, etc.

To show dashed, just make an object style in the panel family and set its linetype to dashed, then make sure your draw your symbol lines in the panel famly with this object stlye and turn off the panel in plan.

jaberwok
2005-12-30, 12:54 AM
'scuse me interrupting but I've just spent 7 months contracting at an operable partition manufacturer - but they use acad.

patricks
2005-12-30, 01:11 AM
well I think he's just trying to show the panels in plan for a building project. My guess he's going to show panels stacked up in the "full open" position and then dashed panels to show that they are operable.

I don't think he's trying to detail the panels for construction or fabrication.

sbrown
2005-12-30, 01:14 AM
'scuse me interrupting but I've just spent 7 months contracting at an operable partition manufacturer - but they use acad.

Whats your point? If you have autocad details(plan views, elevations, sections) import those into your panel family and they will show and you will have a highly detailed drawing with minimal modeling.