PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with titleblock info

patricks
2005-12-30, 04:53 PM
In our titleblocks we have several fields for project number, issue date, sheet number and name, drawn/check by, revisions, etc. Now when you click once on the titleblock in a project, some of the fields will highlight blue instead of red, which of course means you can edit them right there in the project. However I'm having a problem with the revisions field.

This is coming up because I'm trying to create a new 8.1 project template from scratch, since our previous template was started in probably 5 or 6 and has just been upgaded each time.

So anyway, if I look at our old template or any existing project file, on any titleblock under revisions, there are 2 fields. To start out, each field only has a hyphen until a revision actually occurs. At that time, I can just click on the titleblock, click on the first field w/ the hyphen, and change that to a date.

Now as I have started with an 8.1 default template, I loaded the titleblock and now instead of the 2 fields with hyphens under Revisions, now I just have 2 blank fields, and when I click on the titleblock, a red "?" appears in those fields. Red of course means you can't edit it there.

So what's the deal? Both the new template and the project I was looking at had the same titleblock family loaded. I have also since saved the titleblock family in 8.1, and have reloaded it into both the old template and the new template, so I don't see what could be the difference here.

blads
2005-12-31, 05:11 AM
If your getting a "red" question mark - that usually indicates the shared parameter isn't loaded the drawing yet...

HTH

patricks
2006-01-03, 05:34 PM
Okay I found a text file with the shared parameter for revision dates. I loaded it into the template file (I think) via the Shared Parameters dialog box. Now what should I do to be able to enter text where those question marks are?

blads
2006-01-04, 12:10 AM
Okay I found a text file with the shared parameter for revision dates. I loaded it into the template file (I think) via the Shared Parameters dialog box. Now what should I do to be able to enter text where those question marks are?If they are no longer RED, then you should be able to edit them directly on the sheet

HTH

patricks
2006-01-04, 02:21 PM
No they were still red question marks after I loaded the shared parameters.

What ended up having to do was go to Project Parameters, and create parameters for the two revision date fields.

It would have worked to begin with if I had done a Transfer Project Standards of Project Parameters from the old template, but I didn't, but oh well.

jbalding48677
2006-01-04, 03:29 PM
If you are upgrading to 8.1, you should look into letting Revit handle the revisions via the revisions schedule. If you go to the help menu and type in "revision schedule" you will get all you need to set that up. It is pretty slick and manages your revisions for you. The only ding at the moment is that you can not have the deltas turned on on a sheet and the clouds off.

HTH -

patricks
2006-01-04, 03:34 PM
The delta symbols is another issue. I don't know about 8.1, but in previous versions, when I tried to tag a cloud with a revision delta symbol, it would tell me that there was nothing loaded for that object type, even though I had already loaded the tag. The only thing I could do was go to Symbol under Drafting and just place the symbols on the drawings near the revision clouds. Is this still an issue in 8.1?

jbalding48677
2006-01-04, 04:21 PM
You may have to load the revision tag again to update it.