PDA

View Full Version : Edit Wall Opening

Joef
2006-01-03, 06:16 PM
Please excuse my density, but how do you edit a wall opening? I created an opening and expected to be able to click on it and edit it, but I cannot get an edit command to appear when I select the opening.

Joe

Rhythmick
2006-01-03, 06:48 PM
Best I can tell, if you are using the opening command, you can only create a rectangular opening which is then editable with the stretch arrows.

aaronrumple
2006-01-03, 07:12 PM
Best I can tell, if you are using the opening command, you can only create a rectangular opening which is then editable with the stretch arrows.
-or via the properties dialog.

Because of some of the limits using align and dificulties with stretching, I use either the edit profile option or a generic family.

Joef
2006-01-03, 08:02 PM
I wonder why it doesn't work like a roof opening? Not very Revit-like in its implementation.

Rachel Ritchie
2006-01-03, 08:56 PM
You can also use the tab key and hover over the edges of the opening until you get the opening edges to act like individual lines. You may find this easier than the arrows. But I agree with Aaron. Go to Elevation view, select the wall and use the Edit profile button. It's easier if you ever need to change it.

Joef
2006-01-03, 09:07 PM
You are right the edit profile is the better tool. I think the opening tool must be intended for curved walls.

Joe

mkleing681228
2015-02-18, 02:32 AM
I struggled with this too. But actually "and finally" what worked best for me is using the Wall Opening method [not Edit Profile opening metod]

What I did (and in my case I had a curtain wall inserted within the main wall) is Zoooom all the way in to an Opening edge in Plan view .. then first, in my case pull the curtain wall all the way back away from the edge of the wall to keep it from sticking to the wall .. then hover to you catch opening edge ..and then all of a sudden you get the stretch arrow you need to re-position wherever needed. {probably best if you put temporary lines where you will want the walls to be before you start zooming in so you have something to snap to while zoomed-in}