PDA

View Full Version : Move Callouts

tjk0225
2004-03-26, 01:37 PM
Help! I have a project that has some callouts (plan and elevation) on the architectural floor plan that I would like to move to a finish plan. I can cut and paste the callouts, but that seems to delete the associated views. Is there any way to move the callouts from one view to another without affecting the associated views?

aggockel50321
2004-03-26, 03:19 PM
You could go the back door route & duplicate the view with the callouts, then change the view template to match your finish plan, & then copy & paste any detailing from the old finish plan to the new...

frame
2004-03-26, 04:08 PM
You could also make a new callout that References the original callout.
Check the option bar during creation--you can point the callout to existing views.
Then turn off visibility of callouts in the view where you don't want to see them.

Also, if you make a new callout, you can use a detail type, which has the ability to 'show in intersecting view'. Check the instance parameters of detail views. In the plan view example, if you set the parameter to show in intersecting views, the callout will show up in duplicate plan views depending on the scale of the view.