PDA

View Full Version : Main Dictionary

tonyisenhoff
2006-01-04, 02:31 PM
Can you specify a different dictionary in Revit?

I would like to use a different dictionary that is shared by everyone (on the network) in the office.

Melarch
2006-01-04, 02:52 PM
Tony,

The network installation looks like you could set paths on servers, although I didn't see anywhere in the help file for network deployment where the Spelling dictionary path could be set., The stand-alone does not appear to have the capability to specify server based locations for Spelling dictionaries either.

Maybe some one from Revit development can answer this question, it would be of interest to a number of small and medium office users who use stand-alone Revit, but would like to locate the Dictionary files centrally.

Mel Persin, AIA

Steve_Stafford
2006-01-05, 06:38 AM
As Mel says there isn't a way to set up during creating a deployment and there isn't a way to define a path to a file by editing the Revit.ini file either, so it must be "hardcoded". Seems to me that if your users are all on the same LAN that you can use some replication from a server location to put standard copies of the office ".DIC files" on each PC when they log in? Or maybe just the MS Office dictionary file and leave the user custom one alone? Just a thought.

kathy71046
2008-07-02, 07:19 AM
This is a bit of a disappointment, as is the fact we can only choose US or UK for the base dictionary, since most other programs give me the option of Aussie spelling.

Alex Page
2009-01-08, 01:03 AM
Also how do you change the 'additional dictionary' - some PC's in our office this defaults to our MS Word custom dictionary but on others it doesnt......