PDA

View Full Version : D-Blocks become invisible

MikeM4OSU
2006-01-04, 02:39 PM
Hello all, Help!, I have a drawing that has dynamic block titles that were there yesterday but today they are invisible. I can do a filter for the blocks and their grips show up in the correct location, when I select a grip the title shows up and I am allowed to move the block but when I set it down it disappears once again. I think the problem may be that one of my co-workers is still using Acad 2005, but he hasn't modified any of the titles. I have attached the drawing for your viewing pleasure, and I have added a new drawing title d-block to the side. I really need to get to the bottom of this one, any ideas?

Chris.N
2006-01-04, 05:13 PM
well, first off, don't let the 2005 guy open your drawings. there is a thread around here somewhere that says that even tho nothing is modified, there are still issues with DB's going back to 2006.
next, have you tried re-inserting from your library and then doing either an ATTSYNC or BATTMAN, then sync'ing? and lastly, do you have various visibility states in those blocks?
please forgive these quick suggestions if you have already done them, i haven't had time to open up your posted file yet to do more investigating.

MikeM4OSU
2006-01-04, 05:22 PM
I have tried ATTSYNC and BATTMAN, without any luck. There is only a stretch added to the block. Thanks for the suggestions Chris.

Mike

Chris.N
2006-01-04, 06:27 PM
wow! i just spent almost an hour staring and searching for solutions to your file 'problem', and have no other solutions other than erasing what the filter collects, purging, and starting over in your affected files. that is a really weird phenomena that they 'appear' when you select the linear stretch.

sorry... if you have a subscription, and possibly (free?) acad support with your reseller, i'd forward this file to them and see if they have any autodesk secrets up their sleeve..... and one last thing.... upgrade 2005 guy!