PDA

View Full Version : Export to ACAD issues..

whf
2006-01-04, 08:59 PM
So now that I am using Civil 3d, I do not seem to be able to export to earlier versions of acad. I am sure that this is mostly due to the fact that there was not a Civil 3d for version 2000 (which is the v I'm trying to export to), but does anyone know of an easy work around? I'm about to start exploding Civil 3d specific objects until I can get it to export (i.e. surfaces, profile/alignment, etc.), but it seems that there should be a better way. Thanks for any input!

Bill

Glenn Pope
2006-01-05, 05:23 AM
Are you just needing the drawing to be readable in 2000 or are you wanting all the alignment, profile, surface, etc.. data saved for use in the earlier land program?

If you are just needing the drawing, wouldn't using the saveas to an earlier version do it? Maybe to a R12 DXF.

If you are wanting the alignment data, then you could look into LandXML to export out too. Don't know of LDT 2000 has the ability to read LandXML, but there maybe 3rd party apps that can translate to 2000.

MHultgren
2006-01-09, 01:34 PM
Glenn,
Unfortunately, 2000 does NOT import LandXML. It would be a three step process, export to XML, import the XML file into LDT 2004 or above and then save-as or export to 2000. Then you may still get the ARXERROR listings.

Glenn Pope
2006-01-10, 05:29 AM
Thanks for clarifying Mark.

whf
2006-02-27, 10:15 PM
Hi all. Thanks for the feedback. I believe that I figured out a sort-of work-around to the problem. I was originally trying to simply export the drawings so that they could be read by users with acad 2000, and was not really concerned with the xml data. The machine was crashing every time I tried an "export to acad". It seems that the problem has to do with the surfaces and any "linked data" features. I opened in LDD and exploded all of the surfaces that I needed to keep (sometimes crashes if exploding in civil 3d), then saved, opened in civil 3d, and deleted all of the remaining surfaces that I didn't need. I also had to explode all cross sections, profiles, alignments, etc (also in LDD). It finally exported to acad 2000, but this is going to become a major pain if there is not another way of doing this. Also, if I am sending to someone to modify, the drawing that they send back is useless to me and I can only pick out the elements that they modified/created for inclusion into my current (pre-exploded) drawing. Is no one else experiencing this problem? Could it be a problem with my drawing files? Is this really Autodesks idea of seamless integration or is it just a push to get everyone on the planet to upgrade their subscriptions? (see my other threads on lack of backwards compatibility with Revit)

Not the happiest camper
Bill