PDA

View Full Version : Exporting 3D model for viewing

pdantzler
2006-01-05, 05:09 PM
So here is my question. I am a new Revit user and I was told it was possible to send the 3d model drawing for viewing to a client with out Revit software. I would like for the client to be able to open the file and rotate graphically through the model as you in 3d view on Revit.

Thank you for any help!

-PD

rhys
2006-01-05, 05:33 PM
Check out 3d in dwf - they will need a dwf viewer though. They can also use a demo copy to view your Revit model. BUT there are a lot of issues that have discussed in this forum about how wise it is to let your client "drive" a Revit model.

kparks140020
2006-01-05, 05:34 PM
Use the Export DWF command. This creates a DWF of your Revit model. Your client can view the 3D building with the Autodesk DWF Viewer. Pan, zoom, turn objects on and off, etc. Free DWF Viewer download from Autodesk.

hand471037
2006-01-05, 05:41 PM
So here is my question. I am a new Revit user and I was told it was possible to send the 3d model drawing for viewing to a client with out Revit software. I would like for the client to be able to open the file and rotate graphically through the model as you in 3d view on Revit.

Thank you for any help!

-PD

Make a 3D DWF:

File -> Export DWF -> 3D DWF -> Save your 3D DWF where you want it.

Then go to Autodesk, and download the DWF viewer, and open your DWF. You'll see that it's a 3D model that can be rotated, browsed, and it still knows to some extent what things are when you click on them. So you'll have to include the DWF reader software when you send it to the client so they can open the DWF too.

cosmickingpin
2006-01-05, 06:57 PM
You do want to be careful to whom you give this, what kind of work do you do primarily?

Check out 3d in dwf - they will need a dwf viewer though. They can also use a demo copy to view your Revit model. BUT there are a lot of issues that have discussed in this forum about how wise it is to let your client "drive" a Revit model.