PDA

View Full Version : Wall Wrap Control

m_cahoon14336
2004-03-27, 08:33 PM
How do I control the distance the exterior brick wraps back toward the interior block masonry? Please refer to attached drawing. Thanks

beegee
2004-03-28, 01:28 AM
This is an area of Revit that still needs work, even after the enhancements in 6.1.

My take on the problem is that wall closure depends on the inserted door or window family even when the properties of that family are set to closure “by host” and the wall properties are set to define the correct wrapping condition.

This is the case for example , with your wall. The closure occurs at 1’ 0 3/16” from the external face, even with the correct settings in the wall and door properties.

This is apparently caused by the presence, or lack of, a reference plane in the inserted family set as a “wall closure” parameter. Many of the window and door families I’ve looked at don’t appear to have this set at all. When this parameter is not present, Revit seems to apply some other unknown ( to me ) closure criteria.

So, there are a couple of possible work arounds.

1. Open the door and window families that are to be used with this wall. Add a new reference plane, check box it as “wall closure “ and give it parametric parameters so that its location can be adjusted in the project, relative to the wall faces. In the project, set the properties for the inserted family to “closure by host” ( yes, I know that doesn’t make sense ) and adjust the position of the closure parameter.
2. <Use this only if you have a relatively small number of door and windows to deal with.> Use the Edit Cut Profile tool to fix the wall closure

I realise neither of these work arounds is particularly appealing, but that’s the only way I know to deal with this at present.