PDA

View Full Version : Possible Stacked Wall Join Solution

Archman
2006-01-06, 10:06 PM
Hey guys. I was having trouble with stacked walls joining properly, as many of you have.

My situation:

I have a stacked exterior perimeter security wall for a jail I'm doing. It is composed of 12" CMU with an architectural precast cap for the upper 10'-0" of wall. The lower portion of the wall is variable height and is composed of 12" concrete with 4" CMU veneer on one side with an architectural precast cap topping the veneer. Where I was having trouble was with the joins when two of these walls came together at a 45 degree angle. I could not get the joins to clean using traditional methods like the wall join tool.

My solution:

I changed the walls to a basic generic wall and made sure the joins were clean. Then I switched the walls back to the stacked wall type, and poof the joins remained clean.

I'm not sure if any of you have run across this phenomenon. I would be interested to know if it works for you. I've only tested it on my situation, so I'm not sure how it will stand up to other situations.

patricks
2006-01-06, 10:08 PM
Interesting idea... however I personally will never used stacked walls again until they are 100% fixed, for this reason as well as several others.