PDA

View Full Version : Paste Aligned Changes Phase Info

khomburg
2006-01-09, 01:48 PM
I am trying to copy walls from Level 1 to Level 2. The plan is a demo plan with existing walls being removed, some proposed walls and some existing walls to remain. I select all the walls, copy to clipboard and paste aligned by level name. All of the walls lose their phase information and revert back to Phase Created: New Construction and Phase Demolished: None. Is this the way it's supposed to work or am I missing something?

sbrown
2006-01-09, 02:18 PM
That is the way it is supposed to work, when an item is pasted, it is "recreated" so it will take on the properties of the view it is pasted into, ie you copy an existing wall and paste it into a plan thats phase is set to new, then that wall goes on new. Just select it and change the properties to whatever you want.

khomburg
2006-01-09, 02:21 PM
Is this the case even if I am selecting a level and not a view as the paste target? Levels don't have phase parameters.

beegee
2006-01-09, 10:06 PM
Levels are simply datums for placing elements. A level may or may not have a view associated with it. A view has phase properties .

If you paste the walls to a level that doesn't have a view - its a bit like the tree that falls in the forrest when there's no one to hear it. :-)