PDA

View Full Version : Mono-pitch roof high eaves

ejburrell67787
2004-03-29, 12:04 PM
I am working on a monopitch roof that I want to slim down at the eaves by cutting the underside of the rafters. The fascia depth parameter works fine for achieving this at the bottom of the roof slope - but how can I achieve this at the top of the slope? (see attached image) :?:

I have tried having a seperate bit of roof modelled for the overhang in this location, but it doesn't make the fascia depth work - Revit assumes that the fascia is at the lowest point not the point furtherest away from the wall!

I thought roof by extrusion should be the key but it extrudes in the plane of the roof not the section...!

Help please...

Zig
2004-03-29, 02:25 PM
I put in a request several months ago to be able to control the top edge of a monopitch roof. It is my understanding that currently there isn't any way to modify its behaviour.

aggockel50321
2004-03-29, 07:06 PM
One method is you could try doing the roof as an in-place family.

Create the roof as a sweep. Orient your path sketch so that the sweep profile is coplaner with the roof profile.

Be sure when creating it, you select roof as the category, & then the family will have roof properties, i.e. scheduling, wall attachment, etc.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-29, 07:19 PM
Or use a custom profile, attached as a fascia to the top edge of the roof.

ejburrell67787
2004-03-30, 11:11 AM
Scot, Andrew, Zig,

Thanks for your comments - I think the fascia profile is probably what I will do - although I haven't had a chance to try it yet and the design is evolving and it may yet not be required :roll:

AND hopefully Revit will let us control the top edge soon... :D

Cheers, Elrond