PDA

View Full Version : Slow printing

jfudo1892
2004-03-29, 06:50 PM
Is there a reason that drawings from Revit print so very slowly? I've seen this with more than one setup. A drawing from a 2D Cad software will print in 30 seconds what revit will print in 8 minutes. It is wait for processing, the head only will print a very small amount in a pass. These are simple plans. It is detrimental when it takes 2 hours to print a decent sized set of plans.

It seems to be and inkjet problem mostly, maybe a printing resolution issue, I don't know. I've seen it on 1055 plotters and little hp deskjets. Can something be done?

Scott D Davis
2004-03-29, 06:58 PM
Some have found it faster to print to a PDF file, then open the PDF and print the paper outpuit from there.

I'm in the process of printing right now, two 30x42 sheets, schematic design floor plans with room color fills. Each file ended up being 129 megs on the print server, and took a while to spool to the printer, an HP 1050.

I should have printed to PDF first. I think it would have saved a ton of time!

Steve_Stafford
2004-03-29, 07:15 PM
Jeremy,

Most likely your printer settings are using the FINAL plot quality...check the printer settings and change it to Normal or Draft for check plot.

jfudo1892
2004-03-29, 07:31 PM
Hey Steve!

Sherman sent the OGS job and it took forever to come out.

I seem to have taken over your spot with Wayne as he needs major help. He has a file that won't print anything. I was also suprised to see how slow his little printer works. I was thinking to myself that there has to be a way to speed things up.

The PDF method was tried without much success. The only thing that I don't recall being tried is the process print job in computer instead of plotter. Would this help or make it worse?

By the way, everyone here has been wondering about you, you should send a quick note to a few of them.

christo4robin
2004-03-29, 08:53 PM
You've probably already checked, this, but...

Verify that you are using the Vector option for printing - Raster is significantly slower.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-29, 09:17 PM
Steve, the place is falling apart without you.... :shock: