PDA

View Full Version : Keynoting and Note Block lists

bskripac
2006-01-10, 03:33 PM
Anybody have ideas on best practices for keynoting?

I am using the Note Block option to generate a keynote list schedule for my wall sections and I am running into some issues. If I use the standard Revit Keynote block, the keynote number and description are type parameters, therefore you can't have different representations in you view, everything is the same number. If I change those parameters to Instance things work a little better.

What I am running into now is that my note block list is showing every instance used. Which I want to show the different keynote numbers, but I don't want to see keynote number 17 list 40 times. I have attached a view of what I am working on. Is there just a scheduling setting I'm missing or am I just going down the wrong road in general.

ejburrell67787
2006-01-10, 03:54 PM
What I am running into now is that my note block list is showing every instance used. Which I want to show the different keynote numbers, but I don't want to see keynote number 17 list 40 times. I have attached a view of what I am working on. Is there just a scheduling setting I'm missing or am I just going down the wrong road in general.There are some very detailed threads with people sharing how they do keynoting so try doing a search.

There is a checkbox down the bottom of the Sorting/Grouping tab in the schedule properties which allows you to select whether you want to "Itemize every instance" or not. It's very helpful! ;)

bskripac
2006-01-10, 04:09 PM
Itemize every instance worked, I tried it before and did not work. User error......