PDA

View Full Version : Blast From the Past: Revit 1.1 Review

Scott D Davis
2004-03-30, 01:27 AM
Found this through a Google search, and thought it was interesting to see how far Revit has come in a very short period of time.

http://www.cadinfo.net/reviews/revit.htm

Enjoy!

Wes Macaulay
2004-03-30, 03:19 AM
When I first saw Revit, I was singularly unimpressed. No features! But obviously there was a plan in place to add the other features. I mean, look at how much *stuff* there is in Revit now!!

It is an amazing transformation, to be sure.

hand471037
2004-03-30, 07:51 AM
ok, so waxing, but when I saw Revit, it was right when 3.0 had come out, and I was hooked from the moment I downloaded the Demo. :-)

aaronrumple
2004-03-30, 02:45 PM
I still have my Revit 2.1 CD....

christopher.zoog51272
2004-03-30, 02:52 PM
I still have my Revit 2.1 CD....

I fired up my old computer from my college days the other day for the first time in years, it's a pentium 166 mhz with 32 mb ram! Low and behold, I found a copy of Revit 1.1 still installed and running in demo mode :shock: Anybody else remember "construction lines" and the panel railing tool? :lol:

Scott D Davis
2004-03-30, 04:28 PM
I've got CD's in their original boxes from 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 4.5, 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0. What happened to my 3.0??? Jim Balding has a binder, with every release!

I have an extra 2.0 and 4.5 disk if anyone wants them to complete your collection......

I remember seeing 1.0 demo'd in our office and saying "Autodesk is gonna buy them out!"

Scott D Davis
2004-03-30, 04:36 PM
I fired up my old computer from my college days the other day for the first time in years,

Two years ago, my parents needed some information they had done in Bank Street Writer on an Apple IIc. We had the box of 5 1/4 floppies, and the computer and dot matrix printer were stored in the attic. (collector's item.....) We got it all out, dusted it off, and fired it up. To hear the 'buzz...buzz' of the floppy drive was music to my ears as it powered on. To my amazement, the monochrome green screen still worked, and we somehow remembered how to get the program running. We were able to get the document they needed printed on the old printer, which still had enough ink in the ribbon to faintly print the text on form-feed paper with the tear off edges!!! I could not believe it!

Then I played some Castle Wolfenstein..... :shock:

Kroke
2004-03-30, 08:06 PM
Hehe that's sweet.

It was Revit 1.0 I remember trying out back in the day. I didn't officially sign up with a subscription until 3.0. I'm so glad I finally did!