PDA

View Full Version : Phasing & Line Patterns

Knoll
2006-01-10, 09:53 PM
When using Phasing to differential between new and existing walls, the Graphic Overrides work great to apply shading to the new walls by use of a shaded material. The bad news is that when applying a Graphic Override you also override Line Pattern. That means all the other dashed lines and centerlines get overridden (to solid in my case). The Phasing Graphic Overrides Line Patterns do not offer "by category".

I'd like to use Phasing to add in the shaded material without overriding other settings. Any Ideas?

rod.74246
2006-01-11, 08:03 AM
I think this might need to be a wishlist suggestion as it would be very helpful.

I really can't think of any easy way around that one actually. Though a bit of this might be really dependent on wat you are trying to acheive. It may be easier to use the graphic overides in visibility settings rather than using the phase filters. The overrides in phasing are pretty well all or nothing but by the sounds of it (if what i think you are trying to do is right) then the visibility settings probably wouldn;t help anyway.

Knoll
2006-01-11, 11:02 PM
It may be easier to use the graphic overides in visibility settings rather than using the phase filters.

Thanks for the comment, but the phase filter is needed to differentiate between the existing, demo and new wall types. That's the best part about Revit. One wall element can change and evolve throughout the project.

A wish list item it is................

Tom Dorner
2006-01-12, 12:14 AM
We usually show the existing as shaded, but I worked up what I think I understand what you are looking for. See the attached JPG with the screen shots (the orange fill is just to make the shading stand out)

Tom

Knoll
2006-01-12, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the .JPG Tom. Nice job of demonstrating the use of phasing. But the question is not how to shade a wall, but rather, how to shade a wall without overridding all of the line patterns in the view. Your settings will also over ride the line patterns to solid. That's the problem. Thanks anyway.

Kent

Tom Dorner
2006-01-12, 02:15 AM
Ahhh...I get what you are after now, and yes you are correct.

I guess since we do the exact opposite and shade the previous phase to a 50% greytone with solid fill I never noticed the linetype issue since I wanted them all to be solid anyway.