PDA

View Full Version : Wall Cut Pattern lineweight

dbaldacchino
2006-01-10, 11:25 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what controls the lineweight of wall cut patterns but I can't figure it out. The pattern and color is controlled by material, but it seems that you cannot change the lineweight. Am I correct?

aaronrumple
2006-01-10, 11:29 PM
Setting->Object Styles->Walls-Cut

dbaldacchino
2006-01-10, 11:39 PM
I'm talking about the cut pattern lineweight of a wall style, not the outside/inside wall lineweights (referred to as "shrinkwrap" in ADT).

aaronrumple
2006-01-10, 11:57 PM
This is controled by pen weight 1. You could change that setting, however then you'd need to watch how that affected other objects....

dbaldacchino
2006-01-11, 12:00 AM
I was just experimenting and that was my conclusion too, after fiddling with the lineweights. It's weird that there isn't a line style reserved for patterns. Kind of a bummer....if I realized earlier I would have reserved lineweight 1 for wall patterns! Oh well. Thanks for your help!

rod.74246
2006-01-11, 08:14 AM
This might be a bit of a cheat, but it does work. If you set the pattern colour and turn it to grey it at least prints as a lighter line and kinda "fakes" it. Takes a bit of experimentation to get the colour right based on your plotter but it does work.

Of course this does mean you need to plot in colour with everything else set to black.

Melarch
2006-01-11, 12:02 PM
You could change your material pattern color as suggested for the specific layer in the wall or any element for its cut pattern. True this will not effect the line-weight, but as mentioned in the prior thread will make the hatch pattern appear lighter or less important than the exterior-interior lines or common edges.

Mel Persin, AIA