PDA

View Full Version : Joining and wall sweeps

sfaust
2004-03-30, 04:03 PM
I have a condition where a piece of precast intersects a brick wall (see top of tower on attached image). I joined the precast wall with the brick wall so that in section the precast would cut the brick. However, it does not cut the parapet cap and I can not use cut or join to fix it. It's not a really big deal since I can use the linework tool in sections, but it seems like this should be doable. Can anyone help?

tamas
2004-03-30, 08:13 PM
sfaust,

It appears that we have overlooked this case for the integral wall sweeps. They are only allowed to join to anything but other walls.
You can however join a stand alone wall sweep to the crossing wall (using the join geometry tool) and see the proper intersection lines.

So your only option beside linework now is to add the parapet as a stand alone sweep (using the Host Sweep->Wall Sweep button), and remove it from the wall type. Then use the Join Geometry tool to make the proper cut.

Or, you could change the crossing wall to something other than a wall. (Say in-place wall, column, roof (!). etc)