PDA

View Full Version : dim text export color

sjsl
2006-01-11, 08:05 PM
Is there any way to change the dim text to our standard color? Right now, all I can do is export the dims as one color. Would like two colors if possible.

phyllisr
2006-01-12, 03:00 AM
You have made my day! I am new enough to Revit that I can rarely answer much of anything with any authority. I can answer this! May I ask why you are looking to do this? Just curious.

Doing this directly from Revit does not appear possible but I have a really simple work-around from the AutoCAD end. Doing it for a DGN is not my skill set but maybe there is something similar. It also depends on how current you are in AutoCAD and how much unused knowledge and skill you may have lost in a Revit migration. I am already losing ADT skill.

Basically, what I did was export a few dimensions from a Revit view with no special anything. Once you have the DWG file, open it. You will see all the Revit dimension default (logically) is the Standard AutoCAD dimension style with overrides. All I did was run a Standards Check from a DWS file. This allowed me to easily change the dimension style to match an established standard.

Unfortunately, because we do not use multiple colors in our dimension styles, I could not test your specific color issue but I cannot see why that would not also work. And since I did not create a DWS file for CTB drawings (which Revit generates on export), I was sort of winging it. But it worked like a charm for all the tick marks and text styles when I tried it in our STB environment. I did reset the dimension position to home but I was being picky.

If you are distant from AutoCAD and DWS files (doing this for a consultant perhaps?), let me know and maybe I can help. Clip is before and after...

Good luck,
PBR

(I only know this because I have been using a DWS standards check in the other direction to clean up and simplify old details - the few we are deciding to keep as Revit imports. Very, very useful tool. I made a file that allowed users to pick from basic layers and lines I named to match our Revit template - makes everything simpler.)

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-12, 03:58 PM
In Revit it doesnt care but it would be a cool added feature for those that need to export to ACAD.