PDA

View Full Version : Precast Reveals Horz

jmiller.72049
2006-01-11, 08:09 PM
Trying to put a horz. reveal in a precast wall, that has color to it, is there a way to do this?

thanks
jmiller

aaronrumple
2006-01-11, 08:26 PM
You could use the paint tool, but that would be a real pita for a lot of surfaces.

luigi
2006-01-11, 08:45 PM
Trying to put a horz. reveal in a precast wall, that has color to it, is there a way to do this?

thanks
jmillerThe only thing that is not "pita"(to quote my friend Aaron) is to apply both a reveal and a sweep in aprox the same location, and the sweep will have the color as a parameter....at least I think...therefore I am?

cliff collins
2006-01-18, 11:40 PM
Try assigning a material/color in the sweep profile family--or
in the wall editor under sweeps?......

cheers

patricks
2006-01-19, 02:01 PM

cheers

will that work for void cuts?

aaronrumple
2006-01-19, 02:07 PM

cheers
Sweeps do have a material assignment. Reveals do not. Profiles do not as well.

sbrown
2006-01-19, 05:06 PM
I would make this as a curtain wall, create a curtain panel with the recess in it, fill the recess with the diff. color (maybe a very thin sweep) then you can easily create your building and if you want to change things, you just modify the panel family. you could add your footings to it, the connections, everything, just like the tilt up guys would build it.

luigi
2006-01-19, 08:24 PM
The only thing that is not "pita"(to quote my friend Aaron) is to apply both a reveal and a sweep in aprox the same location, and the sweep will have the color as a parameter....at least I think...therefore I am?
Ok, maybe words aren't enough to illustrate what I meant.

Find attached image 1 with "almost" desired result. (It's almost because I don't have time to search for or make the proper profile, but I used a simple rectange for the sweep, the proper is a c shape profile, with the proper profile the top and bottom of the reveal will also be a different material)

See image 02, showing the reveal used and it's properties.
See image 03, showing the sweep used and it's properties.

Will this method work for you?

Peace,