PDA

View Full Version : Model Text

dsw98
2006-01-11, 09:41 PM
Is there a way to have model text typed Verticaly and not just Horizontaly?

Mr Spot
2006-01-11, 09:59 PM
Place it as normal then rotate it. :)

dsw98
2006-01-11, 10:07 PM
well no, it needs to read verticaly, Like this
H
E
L
L
O

sfaust
2006-01-11, 11:33 PM
Press enter after each letter

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-12, 04:08 PM
that is easy but also sucks at the same time. Revit needs better text tools. Looks like a wish list item haha

kpaxton
2006-01-12, 04:20 PM
that is easy but also sucks at the same time. Revit needs better text tools. Looks like a wish list item haha
Well, I think all would agree that the text tools need great improvement (and yes, this IS a wish list item.) However, the main question here is about the Model Text tool, which I would consider very different than the regular text tool. This is mainly for creating a 3-dimensional text representation from a font of your choice usually for signs, etc. Could it be better? Sure, but this is waaaaaaaaaay down on the my list compared to some other items. To me, I guess this isn't that big of an issue, as in this example I could model each letter individually and then place them where I need them.

dsw98
2006-01-12, 07:01 PM
Well, I think all would agree that the text tools need great improvement (and yes, this IS a wish list item.) However, the main question here is about the Model Text tool, which I would consider very different than the regular text tool. This is mainly for creating a 3-dimensional text representation from a font of your choice usually for signs, etc. Could it be better? Sure, but this is waaaaaaaaaay down on the my list compared to some other items. To me, I guess this isn't that big of an issue, as in this example I could model each letter individually and then place them where I need them.

This is what I ended up diong, but to comment on sfaust's reply, you can hit enter, but then you can't control the spacing at all, so it really doesn't work.