PDA

View Full Version : demolishing part of pitched roof

dmw
2006-01-12, 04:24 AM
how to demolish part of existing pitched roof for insertion of new rooms or floor structure

Rhythmick
2006-01-12, 04:57 AM
You can use the opening tool to cut out the section you need removed. I'm thinking you can phase the opening as needed for demo purposes.

Fred Blome
2006-01-12, 05:53 AM
You can use the opening tool to cut out the section you need removed. I'm thinking you can phase the opening as needed for demo purposes.No, the opening has the same phase of the original roof and can't be changed.

Rhythmick
2006-01-12, 06:07 AM
In that case I would copy the roof to the same place and phase the copy, demolish the original and add the opening to the phased copy.

Scott D Davis
2006-01-12, 06:29 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the Split tool could split floors, roofs, and other objects? Right now it can split walls horizontally and vertically, and it can split lines. I think that's it?

Fred Blome
2006-01-12, 07:20 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if the Split tool could split floors, roofs, and other objects? Right now it can split walls horizontally and vertically, and it can split lines. I think that's it?This tool is very much needed, The way I've been demoing part of a roof is to copy the roof to the same place. Then remake one copy into the parts staying, and the other into parts being demo'd. That way it shows up correctly in demo plan and elevations. Watch the phasing when you copy the roof as the copy will assume the view's current phase, not the orig roof's phase.