PDA

View Full Version : Not keeping cut pattern in phases!

craighowie
2006-01-12, 09:44 AM
Hi all, hope you have had an excellent festive season…

I am having problems with walls that are not showing their cut patterns in the particular phases that they have been created in! For example the material allocated to a wall has a solid cut pattern! In the new phase the wall shows the solid cut pattern properly, but then when the same wall is in the (phase created – existing) and (phase demolished – none) there is no solid cut pattern!

How do I go about making sure that a wall with a solid wall pattern is represented in both the (phase created) – existing and new construction?

Thanks,
Craig Howie

luigi
2006-01-12, 11:01 AM
Hi all, hope you have had an excellent festive season…

I am having problems with walls that are not showing their cut patterns in the particular phases that they have been created in! For example the material allocated to a wall has a solid cut pattern! In the new phase the wall shows the solid cut pattern properly, but then when the same wall is in the (phase created – existing) and (phase demolished – none) there is no solid cut pattern!

How do I go about making sure that a wall with a solid wall pattern is represented in both the (phase created) – existing and new construction?

Thanks,
Craig HowieHi,
what Revit does to a wall in a different phase shown in an "override" phase filter is give a brand new material to the object.

What I mean is that if:
existing wall is shown in a new phase, and
the filter is shown as to show the existing wall as an override (i.e. Show previous and New) then the existing wall will have the default material "Phase-Exist" and will show the cut and surface pattern, along with the other material properties.

In a short detail?
When the existing view is differentiated from the New and Temporary phase, the computer applies an "OVerride" on the look of the wall. This includes Cut, projection line weight and color, and material.

Did any of the 3 version answers helped you?

Let me know...
Peace,

luigi
2006-01-12, 11:04 AM

Thanks,
Craig HowieThe only proper way is to have the phase filter shown to be "Show complete" but this won't differentiate your new and Existing walls. but if you are showing the solid cut pattern then they wouldn't look different anyways....