PDA

View Full Version : Revit pricing

designer56644
2004-03-30, 09:38 PM
Hey gang:

I'm shopping a seat of Revit, and I'm wondering if $3795 U.S. (my dealer in So. Cal.) is about as good as it gets, or if one of ya'all knows of a reseller with a better deal :)

Thanks

B

Scott D Davis
2004-03-30, 09:44 PM
See, the thing is with Autodesk, that you have to use an approved reseller for your area. So in So Cal, there are only certain resellers to buy from. A reseller in New York can't legally sell you Autodesk software. Not sure about the price, but I think its good. Go subscription, with the rapid release cycle, its worth it!

hand471037
2004-03-30, 10:01 PM
Acutally, a reseller can sell directly to a customer out of there area; however it's a one-time deal that requires special permission and stuff. So a reseller can sell you something direct if you want to go with someone other than your local, it just requires jumping through a few extra hoops.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-30, 10:02 PM
cool, i didnt know there was a way around trhe local reseller!

PeterJ
2004-03-30, 10:10 PM
It seems a terrific deal from here. I was just quoted RRP of 3,600 and dealer price of 2,900 from a reseller here for a standalone license but that is sterling so your prices are so much keener.

Wes Macaulay
2004-03-30, 10:17 PM
That's because of the additional expense to pipe all those builds of Revit over to the British Isles. :screwy:

Steve_Stafford
2004-03-30, 10:19 PM
And to translate to English...from Amurican :wink:

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-03-30, 10:32 PM
Go subscription, with the rapid release cycle, its worth it!

I was under the impression that you had no choice but to go subscription with Revit. That being said, I agree, it is worth it. On another note... don't always be fooled by the 'best price'. Quality of reseller goes a long way to the value you get from the software. This forum is great, but when you need someone to come to your office and look over your shoulder or provide immediate phone support, more often than not, you do get what you pay for.

designer56644
2004-03-30, 10:39 PM
All good advise so far...thanks everybody, and keep em coming :):):)

Wes Macaulay
2004-03-31, 04:34 AM
I was under the impression that you had no choice but to go subscription with Revit.
Yeah - they get you on the hook the first year, then after that you decide. Of course, we have yet to have someone who hasn't decided to carry on with subscription with Revit!

hand471037
2004-03-31, 08:11 AM
Also, just another word on the reseller thing, you have to jump thru hoops to buy outside your area, but you can buy support from anyone you wish. So, for example, if you weren't in our area (or didn't buy Revit from us, and are), you can still buy support, time, or classes from us.

So, if there isn't anyone who knows anything about Revit in your area, but there is someone to buy it from, you can buy a copy and then contact a somewhat-close reseller that know a lot about Revit and have us help you out with everything else...

PeterJ
2004-03-31, 08:44 AM
Hmmmm, I'm wearing a pair of Levis I had my sis in law buy in New York for about $45, they retail for around £50 sterling here, I think.

Maybe I'll send her to Crazy Bob's Discount AEC Software next time she is over there. I'm sure I could manage with doing all my work in imperial.

Marek Brandstatter
2004-03-31, 08:45 AM
Just out of interest... who are the really good Autodesk Revit resellers/implementers out there? Any customers care to comment?

Kroke
2004-03-31, 05:30 PM
Portland, OR: http://www.imaginit-tech.com/

Cathy Hadley
2004-03-31, 06:19 PM
Bill,

There are some (one I can think of!! :wink: ) that does A LOT of Revit and is really trying to be on top of things..

E-mail me and I can get you in touch with the right people.

CZH

AbigayleAEC
2004-04-01, 01:27 AM
[quote:8bc8ab9dad="Scott Davis"] Go subscription, with the rapid release cycle, its worth it!

I was under the impression that you had no choice but to go subscription with Revit. That being said, I agree, it is worth it. On another note... don't always be fooled by the 'best price'. Quality of reseller goes a long way to the value you get from the software. This forum is great, but when you need someone to come to your office and look over your shoulder or provide immediate phone support, more often than not, you do get what you pay for.[/quote:8bc8ab9dad]

Subscription is mandatory for all Revit software purchases.

Bill C - As for competitive pricing, resellers are not allowed to advertise their pricing publicly. If you feel like your local resellers are not properly educated about Revit, and you'd like to contact another reseller who sells lots of Revit and can provide support, please contact me at abigayle.campos@aectech.com. I only recommend this option if you are unhappy with your local resellers.

designer56644
2004-04-01, 02:00 AM
Nice...Very Nice

Thank you all for your very helpful advise.

Bill

Marek Brandstatter
2004-04-01, 06:25 AM
I think its imperative to purchase Revit from a Reseller who knows their stuff. Zoog's an ideal place to check credentials.