PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Property Lines with Bearings

rockyarch
2006-01-12, 04:29 PM
I have a sheet with bearings on it that I am trying to convert to property lines in Revit. I am fine when it comes the straight lines(thence S.86d23'54"E, distance of 2487.5 feet), I can input this information in, but when it comes to arcs I am completely lost. Here is an example of the bearing description of an arc I need to draw (thence northwesterly on a curve(radius 142.10 feet) chord=N56d09'54"W., a distance of 50.61 feet through an arc of 20d30'56" to the right a distance of 50.88 feet). This is exact wording from my information.

Thanks

bbeck
2006-01-12, 04:59 PM
It's been a while since I've done this type of work and I might not be able to make this clear without illustrations but here goes. I always draw the radial lines when constructing a curve, then swing the arc. The radius of any curve always intersects adjoining line work at 90 degrees (point of tangency, P.T.). Based upon the azimuth running into your curve and the azimuth running away from your curve you should be able to add or subtract 90 degrees from those numbers to calculate the azimuths of your two (2) radial lines. The distance for those radial lines is the radius of the curve. I never trust the chord data to draw a curve, rounding and calculation errors always seem to sneak in there. This is way too hard to explain without pictures. Maybe try the guys over in a LandDesktop forum.

Brian Beck
CAD Manager
Rainforth Grau Architects