PDA

View Full Version : How do you insert a door into curtain wall?

Richard McCarthy
2004-03-31, 01:56 AM
Just a quick question.. I seem to forgotten how to do this...How do you insert a door into curtain wall?

beegee
2004-03-31, 02:00 AM
1. Load a curtain wall door into the project.

2. Select a system panel ( between mullions ) and swap it out for the curtain wall door.

Richard McCarthy
2004-03-31, 02:12 AM
Thanks BeeGee :)

gbrowne
2004-05-26, 08:41 AM
Try as I may, I don't seem to be able to load up curtain wall door types. If I load the family up, then go to the drop down, they are not there, so I can't magically place a nice door in there. Is there a special mantra I have to recite? :!:

PeterJ
2004-05-26, 10:44 AM
The methodology is different to inserting a standard door. What you are doing is selecting a panel of the curtain wall and then switching it out in favour of a door component.

If you go to a 3D view and hover over where you want the door placed and then tab through the possible selections until the panel itself is selected you can then change the properties of the panel to be glass, solid, system or door (assuming you have loaded the door family).

If you have not set up a mullion grid then your curtain wall panel will be the entire wall and hence your door will expand to fit that.

gbrowne
2004-05-26, 12:54 PM
yep got it, thats a tricky one the first time... the secret is in the creating the curtain grid, then tabbing through the various elements.. cheers.