PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Surface pattern

nrenfro
2004-03-31, 04:07 PM
I have a project that is an addition to an existing structure. I would like to change the line weight of the hatch patterns to show darker on the new work and lighter if not none at all in the existing construction. In the phase graphic overrides I can set the existing projection line work setting to “1” which makes the existing surface patterns line weight match the new construction, but I can’t find where to change the new construction fill pattern to something darker. Ideally I would like to simply turn off surface patterns for existing construction entirely.

christo4robin
2004-03-31, 04:23 PM
Nathaniel,

Have you changed the material properties of the Phase-Existing material?

If you combine that with the appropriate phase settings and graphic overrides, that should do it. It sounds like you've worked with the phase settings and overrides in the Phases dialoge - I think all you have left to do is go to the Materials dialogue and modify the Phase - Existing material.

Hope that helps

Allen Lacy
2004-03-31, 04:36 PM
My solution to this is to create two materials, one with hatch for new, and one without hatch for existing. Then create two roof types, two exterior wall types, etc. one with new material and one with existing material

nrenfro
2004-03-31, 05:19 PM
Yes, I am closer to getting it.
If I change the Phase Filter to show New as Overridden, then remove the Material setting in Graphic Overrides I am able to have a light hatch on the Existing construction, and darker line work on the New construction. I can not however turn off the hatch on the existing construction with these settings, as far as I have discovered. I am strongly considering Allen’s suggestion to set the wall types and roof materials on the existing elements to show no hatch. We currently separate the new wall elements from the new ones so to allow the flexibility to fudge wall thickness to get existing room sizes to close out. Having the ability to control these things with some visibility settings by far gives me toe most control over the drawing, so when I go to render the project I can set the view to “Show Complete” and get a nice image of the finished product.

Your comments have been very helpfull, thanks