PDA

View Full Version : ADT layout tabs to revit

steveoyer
2006-01-13, 10:17 PM
We have a Revit project and the consultants have done their work in ADT6, in a bunch of differnet layout tabs, (an older method)

does anyone know an easy way to link these in my revit project?
I think i need an easy way to make each layout tab its own model space file?

I have tried DWF (says it needs mark-ups?), pdf, dxf

thanks for any advise.

thanks

steve

dbaldacchino
2006-01-14, 07:07 AM
I know what you're facing. I worked with some engineers a while ago that did everything in one file with a lot of layering and paperspace tabs.

There is no easy way that I know of to make paperspace views into separate objects in modelspace. You'd have to copy all the objects from the layout and paste them exactly in the same position to correspond with the modelspace linework and scale those objects up (or down in some cases). It's way cumbersome and time consuming.

Your best bet is to print to pdf or make dwf and insert those as background images.

aaronrumple
2006-01-14, 06:49 PM
An option might be to go to each layout and wblock the visible information out to a new file. That would same time on figuring out what layers are needed. Of course it gets a little more complex if there are xrefs.

steveoyer
2006-01-16, 03:37 PM
i am pretty new to revit,
i can see how to link in dwf markups but i can seem to figure out how to just link in a plain old dwf file???

thank

steve

Scott D Davis
2006-01-16, 05:00 PM
you can't. only the DWF markups come in...and not really very well yet. I'm having issues that my markups don't line up with the objects correctly when I link them in. I've been told this should be corrected soon.

I WISH that in future versions we will have the option to bring in the DWF in it;s entirety, and then turn off the parts we dont want to see using Visibility.

dbaldacchino
2006-01-16, 05:07 PM
I really think the best option for you right now is to do pdfs or jpegs perhaps and insert the raster images.

Doing a wblock from the layouts unfortunately doesn't take the geometry that is in modelspace, and 99.9% of the time, you have that happening (viewports) and the only thing that is physically in the layout will be the annotation. To "convert" a paperspace view to a modelspace view, you'd have to block out the geometry from paperspace, go to modelspace and line it up exactly as shown in paperspace and scale it up (typically, although you might have to scale down in rare cases) and then link that dwg. But you'd have to do this for every layout and save as a different file! It's way time consuming, and when the consultant updates the drawing, you have to go through this hassle aaaaaallll over again.

steveoyer
2006-01-16, 09:11 PM
yes david you are exactly right................

thanks for everones suggestions

steve