PDA

View Full Version : Parapet Brace

cgrover
2004-03-31, 04:44 PM
I created the attached family and it appears to work as I want, but when I insert it into a project it acts weird. The different extrusions go all over the place. I've tried constraining them and reloading with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
grover

aggockel50321
2004-03-31, 06:12 PM
Here's your bracket back.

Changes include:

1.) Changed family category from generic to specialty equipment. Generic template seems buggy (sbrown pointed that out in an earlier post)

2.) Align locked the extrusion against the wall to the placement side reference plane.

3.) Used the join geometry tool to eliminate borders showing between extrusions.

Seems to work ok now.

New version of bracket uploaded 3/31 @3:12 pm

cgrover
2004-03-31, 06:24 PM
Thank you for taking a look at this.

When I load it into the project it still misbehaves. The angle brace pulls away from the vertical component by 3" and the blend element at the bottom of the brace stretches really weird. I've attached a pdf.

Thanks again for your help.
grover

aggockel50321
2004-03-31, 07:20 PM
I can't seem to mimic that behaviour here. It seems to work fine.

Try this.

Open the project in which you're using the brace.

In the project browser go down to families & find your brace. Highlight it, & then delete it. Save the project.

Reload the new brace & set it in place.

That may solve it. Sometimes you got to drive a stake through the heart of those misbehaving families.

cgrover
2004-03-31, 07:28 PM
Thanks, I tried that but with no change. I went back shut down and then re-downloaded your post. Reloaded and still doesn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

grover

aggockel50321
2004-03-31, 08:12 PM
Sorry about that, I never flexed your bracket.

I updated the one above. It seems to work...

cgrover
2004-03-31, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your help.

grover