PDA

View Full Version : No print layer

medconltd
2006-01-15, 12:55 AM
Is there a way to not print objects in Revit. I only want to show some items but when I hide them in the view they still print. Is there a way to put objects on a no plot layer?

beegee
2006-01-15, 02:06 AM
Use can permanently turn off object categories in a view., using the Visibility Graphics dialogue. ( ie turn off all doors or walls etc )

Use can permanently turn off object categories globally., using the Object Settings.

Use can selectively turn off object visibility in a view using either :-

Worksets, or
Design Otions, or
Phase settings

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-01-15, 03:19 AM
Remember that the Temporary Hide/Isolate tool at the bottom of your workspace is just that... temporary. It only affects visibility in the displayed view but does not affect printed output.

gibson.tim91884
2006-01-16, 01:11 PM
Reference Planes are the only thing that I can think of that appear in a view but won't print (unless you tell them to in the print dialog). The visibility of everything else is controlled in the visibility / graphics for each view, and you can't have something visible in the view that doesn't print.

Max Lloyd
2006-01-16, 01:43 PM
crop regions, scope boxes and unreferenced view tags too.....

kpaxton
2006-01-16, 02:07 PM
TIP: Don't forget that if you want to turn some things off, but don't want to disturb the look of the view you're in, you can Duplicate your view and then turn off those items you don't need with View Visibility (V - V) in the new view.

Remember these are global, not item specific, (e.g. You will hide ALL doors, not just a specific one; all walls, etc...)

This is a wish list item.

Kyle

Rols
2006-01-16, 02:20 PM
TIP: Remember these are global, not item specific, (e.g. You will hide ALL doors, not just a specific one; all walls, etc...)

I suppose you could use worksets to isolate items to be turned off. You would just create a No Plot workset, place items on that workset, then use the visibility settings in your new view to turn off that workset.
Worksets are as useful for visibility settings as they are for worksharing.

Haden
2006-01-16, 09:09 PM
I suppose you could use worksets to isolate items to be turned off. You would just create a No Plot workset, place items on that workset, then use the visibility settings in your new view to turn off that workset.
Worksets are as useful for visibility settings as they are for worksharing.
When you create a new workset for this purpose, make sure you uncheck the box that says "visible by default in all views" so that you can go back and turn on visibility of this new worsket in specific views. Otherwise, it will show up in all exisitng views, which may not be what you want.