PDA

View Full Version : Finish clean up on adjacent offset walls - please help

crullier
2006-01-16, 06:03 PM
Hello guys,

Im trying to make the finished contitue from on wall to another, I used the EDIT CUT PROFILE but I havent had much luck. Please see the attached image which better explains my atempts and results.

thanks

luigi
2006-01-16, 07:56 PM
Hi, unfortunately, the only tip I have requires 1 too many steps I would like, but...here you go

1. Draw 3 walls like Image 01
2. Do the Wall Join command for both corners and choose Miter for both as in Image 01
3. Then bring the walls together the dimension you would like and it will look like Image 02

Hope it helps you...

Peace,
Luigi

crullier
2006-01-16, 09:20 PM
yikes,

thanks, i can see this slowing things down on a large condo project.
If we have to do fixes like this then why even bother defining a wall composed of different material right?

luigi
2006-01-16, 09:24 PM
yikes,

thanks, i can see this slowing things down on a large condo project.
If we have to do fixes like this then why even bother defining a wall composed of different material right?Do you really come across that situation often? I think I came up only twice with that problem(since 2002), where I was doing a pilaster and wanted the interior to be the same level, but the exterior a different one.

Peace,

crullier
2006-01-16, 11:23 PM
Point taken though, you are right

patricks
2006-01-17, 03:18 PM
It looks like the original attachment uses only 2 walls, not 3 walls like in the second post. Which one is desired? If 2 walls, have you tried setting the walls to wrap the finish layer around at the ends?

aaronrumple
2006-01-17, 05:41 PM
Here are a couple of other options. The top solution just uses a lot of disallowed join walls and join geometry. It works fine but is a bit "fussy". Group the small bits to move them around.

The other options use the mis-named column. They should have really call this tool Pilaster as it will wrap materials. The middle solution uses two small drywall returns. The lower solution uses one column to join all the materials and is probably the fastest way I know of constructing this.

TheRevitGeek
2006-01-18, 11:46 PM
Aaron,

Great tip I don't have this situation now but I will keep it in mind