PDA

View Full Version : Printing imported linked Acad files

msmith.tsap
2006-01-16, 06:09 PM
I am printing on a HP 755cm. An Acad file that is linked to a Revit file (site plan, etc.) prints VERY light, almost unreadable. Any help please? Same with Acad files imported and exploded. They all print too light. Frustation is setting in. Me or system? Thanks.

MarcTsap

Wanderer
2006-01-16, 06:19 PM
I am printing on a HP 755cm. An Acad file that is linked to a Revit file (site plan, etc.) prints VERY light, almost unreadable. Any help please? Same with Acad files imported and exploded. They all print too light. Frustation is setting in. Me or system? Thanks.

MarcTsapI'm going to move this from the New Users forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here, Thanks. :)

sbrown
2006-01-16, 06:28 PM
did you have your import lineweight file set up prior to importing/linking? If not all lines default to lineweight 0 , so you will need to either set up your import file first, and re-import/link your dwgs. Or in settings >object styles>imported. set the lineweights there for each layer.

msmith.tsap
2006-01-16, 06:33 PM
Been there, done that, but will re-visit to make sure. But till think I there is still a problem. Wven went to object styles afterward to check and they were okay. Any place else I missed?

MarcTSAP

aaronrumple
2006-01-16, 06:37 PM
1. Did you expand the object styles for each dwg? Each layer is a sub category.
2. Did you check the view settings? These will override the object styles per view.
3. Do you have halftone checked?

msmith.tsap
2006-01-16, 09:41 PM
Still no success guys. Any more suggestions?

MarcTSAP

aaronrumple
2006-01-16, 10:18 PM
One last shot... Did you import all the AutoCAD caolors? If so the default print settings would print those with equivelent grey colors. You would need to import all as black or print all as black.

msmith.tsap
2006-01-16, 10:29 PM
We generally print by layer color in Autocad with associated line weights. Imported like that also with associated line weights set up in Import file. Also went back to Object Styles and set all to solid fill and to "black" color. Would that cover your suggestion?

MarcTSAP

aaronrumple
2006-01-16, 11:50 PM
We generally print by layer color in Autocad with associated line weights. Imported like that also with associated line weights set up in Import file. Also went back to Object Styles and set all to solid fill and to "black" color. Would that cover your suggestion?

MarcTSAP
In the print dialog there is a drop down which lets you select print color, gray or black. Try printing all as black and see if there is a change. If it prints differently then try posting a screen shot of your view's object styles dialog.

sbrown
2006-01-16, 11:51 PM
so pick a layer in object stlyes and change its color to black and lineweight to 10, does it change? if not your dwg is not bylayer/bycolor and revit can't modify it.

msmith.tsap
2006-01-17, 08:01 PM
Problem solved. Goes back to a simple detail. Line weight. I had assumed that out of the box line weights should work for all if not most projects.Did not see anything about my project that made any difference. I went in to Line Weights and adjusted all weights from middle size down. Box line wight for #1 was 0.0030". Changed all of those and all seems to be well. Was not visibility after all.

Thanks guys for your help. You were going at it right and left. AUGI is great!

---------------------------
MarcTSAP