PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to .dwg

sultarc
2006-01-16, 08:45 PM
I've tried several times to export sheets with drawings out of Revit to .dwg files. I have not been able to get the title block and sheet to go with it. Anyone know why?

aaronrumple
2006-01-16, 09:06 PM
There is a check box in the export dialog which will export the DWG as one file with the titleblock in paperspace and all the drawings in modelspace. Otherwise it will export the file as a series of drawings. One host file with the titleblock in paperspaceand each Revit view xrefed in as a separate file. Revit will not export with the titleblock in modelspace, but this editing can be done inside AutoCAD.

luigi
2006-01-16, 09:13 PM
I've tried several times to export sheets with drawings out of Revit to .dwg files. I have not been able to get the title block and sheet to go with it. Anyone know why?I am not sure exactly...I do know that once I had some kind of a problem exporting a sheet (from Paperspace) with drawings when I told Revit to export to a single file.
Try exporting with the "single file" option turned off, and see if it works....but you will get multiple xrefs....but at least you will know what is the problem.

Good luck,
Luigi

sultarc
2006-01-16, 10:00 PM
I am a little bit at a loss because I have never been an Autocad user and therefore do not understand the terms. In my previous CAD program you draw everything on the titleblock sheet and you can use Xrefs too. I don't know about paperspace and model space.

aaronrumple
2006-01-16, 10:16 PM
That would be the issue then. Click on the tab at the bottom of the drawing are that says Layout 1 in AutoCAD.

sultarc
2006-01-16, 10:31 PM
I'm not seeing any such tab.

luigi
2006-01-16, 10:33 PM
I'm not seeing any such tab.In Autocad, at the bottom of the Window? there should be a minimum of a "Model" Tab,and maybe additional tabs with various names...i.e. Layout 1, which is default

sultarc
2006-01-16, 10:35 PM
I don't have Autocad. I'm exporting as a .dwg then importing into another CAD program.

luigi
2006-01-16, 10:38 PM
I don't have Autocad. I'm exporting as a .dwg then importing into another CAD program.oh...that's why you may not see the layout pages.....
things now become very shady.......if you disclose the Cad program, maybe someone that knows it might help........

Good luck,

sultarc
2006-01-16, 10:46 PM
It's Datacad10. My friend here who has Autocad brought it in just fine. I will be sending it to engineering in Autocad though. I was just perplexed as to why it would not come over to Datacad.

Scott D Davis
2006-01-16, 11:04 PM
Does DataCAd accept AutoCAD 2004 and higher drawings?

sultarc
2006-01-17, 03:00 AM
Datacad will write out and read up to acad 2000 in the version I use. my thoughts were to export some of my details and complete them in datacad for time reasons.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-01-17, 04:46 AM
Hi everyone

Datacad works better with a DXF.file than with a DWG.file, I use to work with Datacad but after finding Revit ....................Bye Bye Datacad.

Hope that helps?

sultarc
2006-01-17, 07:44 PM
Well, I am in the process of saying bye bye. But there are 15 years of legacy projects and the need temporarily to fall back and punt if necessary.