PDA

View Full Version : Storefront

pwmsmith
2006-01-17, 03:24 PM
Can I create a storefront in one piece in the following shape. I want windows ea side of a door.

christo4robin
2006-01-17, 03:38 PM
Make a curtain wall object that is the width of the wider opening all the way to the floor. Edit it's profile to narrow the bottom portion. That is really all there is to it. You may have to tweak your sketch and gridline alignment to get the horizontal mullions at the transition to match just right.

pwmsmith
2006-01-17, 03:48 PM
Just switched my gym time from evening to morning and today was the first morning at 6:30. Body in shock. Must have effected the brain cells also.
Thanks Chris

aaronrumple
2006-01-17, 04:58 PM
This doesn't work as well as it should. You'll see in the attached image the mullions don't align at all. Even if you make an offset mullion so they align, they then don't cleanup correctly.

Another solution is to leave the curtain wall rectangular and then make one panel a wall of the same type as the adjacent wall. Then you need to apply the linework tool which can be tedious. And now you have a wall scheduling with your glass.

This is a simple condition that Revit should resolve without resorsting to such work arounds.

sbrown
2006-01-17, 04:58 PM
Use this. Or modify it. Its much easier to build door families for this type of store front.

pwmsmith
2006-01-17, 07:53 PM
Thanks, I think I prefer this to storefronts.

patricks
2006-01-17, 08:29 PM
I am working on an office building that has glass wrapping all the way around 4 sides from 3 ft. above the floor to about 8 ft. above the floor. What I did was make the windows separate storefront objects, and then I placed a third storefront wall that is just big enough for a door panel plus its mullions.