PDA

View Full Version : Linked DWG Export Problem

dnilsson
2006-01-17, 03:57 PM
The short version: My exported dwg files do not contain the xrefs from linked dwg files inside my Revit model.

The longer version:

If a new file is started and a few dwgs linked in, the export appears as normal with the xrefs appearing in the dwg file. If a dwg is exported from an existing file though, the linked files do not appear. It makes no difference if "Export Each View or Sheet as a Single File" box is checked. Even stranger, a 2002/2003 project, started in 5.1 and upgraded ever since, behaves normally. This problem manifested itself today with 4 or 5 users almost at the same time, but we don't export files all that often so I'm not sure how long it might have been lurking.

Any ideas?

dnilsson
2006-01-25, 03:49 PM
Bump.

Still can't figure this out, and it's starting to really cost us some time. I've tried exporting to 2000 and 2004 with the same result . . . no xrefs in the dwg files.

If this was really a bug I'm sure it would have shown up here already, so I tend to think the problem is on our side, but I'm out of ideas.

If you wanted to export a dwg and NOT have linked dwg files included as xrefs, is there a way to intentionally do that? Maybe I've got a setting turned on that I don't know about.

sbrown
2006-01-25, 06:53 PM
Send it in to support. There are plenty of export bugs.