PDA

View Full Version : elevation tag visibility

bskripac
2006-01-17, 06:09 PM
Is there a way to control the visibility of the interior vs. exterior elevation tags in a view? Seems like you can only control them as "elevations" under annotations in visibility graphics. I would like to have only the exterior elevations show in the 1/8" floor plan, and the interior elevations to only show in the 1/4" plan.

aaronrumple
2006-01-17, 06:52 PM
Is there a way to control the visibility of the interior vs. exterior elevation tags in a view? Seems like you can only control them as "elevations" under annotations in visibility graphics. I would like to have only the exterior elevations show in the 1/8" floor plan, and the interior elevations to only show in the 1/4" plan.
Nope. Sucks don't it?
Only way to control them is to hide them one by one in every view.
Some people have taken to using section symbols to fake an elevation tag, but it doesn't quite do the same thing and takes up more room.

bskripac
2006-01-17, 07:05 PM
that is the answer I expected. I thought if I set up a call-out view it would work like other symbols such as a section cut, but it show up everywhere. I guess I will have to use the hide in annotation view on each symbol...maybe when 9 comes out....