PDA

View Full Version : Door won't insert in Component Wall in plan.....

luigi
2006-01-19, 10:41 AM
Does anybody have any idea why a door won't insert in a wall, which was made by inplace component, while on a plan view.
I can insert it fine in an Elevation, but not on a plan... :s

Anyone knows of this defect?

Peace,
luigi

luigi
2006-01-19, 12:02 PM
Actually, at a deeper look, in plan the door is visible where it doesn't interfere with the wall...the wall is solid and the swing of the door is visilbe, and in elevation you see the 2d element, but it isn't cutting....

I thought you could place doors and windows into a wall in-place component.....am I wrong?

luigi
2006-01-19, 12:09 PM
haha, I deleted the portion of the wall where the door was located...so there is no wall there, and the door is still in the project....as long as I don't modify the properties when I am viewing the plan it will remain in the project....

I have never seen in Revit a door without the wall....funny!!!

luigi
2006-01-19, 12:12 PM
:screwy: I just placed a door in the second floor of the similar in place component wall and it behaves normally...... I will keep investigating and keep you (that is me, since I am the only one posting in this thread) up to date!!!!

luigi
2006-01-19, 12:25 PM
Ok, here is a the scoop....

1.You can't add a door, while in plan, into an in-place component wall....but you can in elevation.

2.Once added, you can't change the host from one component wall to another...(it will be present but won't behave properly, i.e. it won't cut the wall)

3.Once placed in plan, you cannot copy it...it is in the project, but is not visible at all...hidden but present (you can see it if you select many objects)

There are other possible situation, but now need to get back to working on the job....

End note....