PDA

View Full Version : Wall Reveals- Curved walls

david.delcher
2006-01-19, 05:02 PM
I am having difficulty with my reveals continuing when I trim a rectilinear wall with a slightly curved wall. REVIT is saying
"Could not create integral reveal for wall instance. Failed to construct the 3D shape that would cut the wall."

The building has reveals around the exterior including a curved wall that meets a straight wall. All other walls of this type are fine (90 degree corners).

lev.lipkin
2006-01-19, 06:15 PM
Could you post simple example(copy wall or walls involved) into empty rvt or send file through Support? Thanks. Please include straight wall with similar reveal placed.

david.delcher
2006-01-19, 06:38 PM
-Here is a REVIT file that contains two walls (one curved, one straight). As you can see they both contain the proper reveals when separate. However, if you trim these together the reveals disappear in the view (see the error message posted earlier).

-Since I have your attention...another question: Is there a way to set a wall type to have a default height each time you pick the wall to draw? I would like this wall to extend about 110' tall each time I draw it however I have had to change this in the properties for each instance.

-I am fairly new to REVIT so I am hitting these small bumps.

aaronrumple
2006-01-19, 07:05 PM
-Since I have your attention...another question: Is there a way to set a wall type to have a default height each time you pick the wall to draw? I would like this wall to extend about 110' tall each time I draw it however I have had to change this in the properties for each instance.
The wall tool uses the last height settings you used for each wall type. So open your template, draw a wall(s) using the correct settings. Erase the walls and save the template.

Took a look at you family. You know you don't need to dimension every width? Just use a common ref plane or use align/lock to loock all the segments to one control line.

It seems that the curve/straight doesn't like the multiple loops in your profile. A simple loop works fine. For now you could just place more reveals to get the same shape done. However it is something that the factory should look at. Looks like a bug to me.

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 04:08 PM
How would I get someone from REVIT to review this issue?

sbrown
2006-01-20, 06:13 PM
If you are on subscription you submit a support request. Under fthe help menu is a choice for create support request. Or you just login to autodesks subscription site and there is a link there. You upload your model and they get back to you, usually in about 2 hours.

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 07:02 PM
Thanks Scott

lev.lipkin
2006-01-20, 07:11 PM
Thanks a lot for posting your model.

There are some issues to investigate on our side, given small (1" ) size of reveals and large (almost 500') radius of arc wall.

You can pull end control of each reveal on one wall (after trim) beyond the geometry of another wall. Worked for me on all reveals and actually produces same geometry. I butt straight wall into arc wall (picked arc wall first for trim) and pulled controls of reveals on straight wall.

Sorry for trouble and inconvenience.

david.delcher
2006-01-20, 07:51 PM
Pulling the reveals through the wall ends seems to work for now!