PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Grid lines

richs
2006-01-19, 06:26 PM
I am working on a large project. I have created all my grid lines and I have all floors dimensioned to the grid lines. Why is that when I move the grid bubbles in or out on one view it screws up some of the grid bubble locations in other views. I am on a tight time frame and getting frustrated because I am constantly fixing grids and dimensions. Please help.

luigi
2006-01-19, 06:31 PM
I am working on a large project. I have created all my grid lines and I have all floors dimensioned to the grid lines. Why is that when I move the grid bubbles in or out on one view it screws up some of the grid bubble locations in other views. I am on a tight time frame and getting frustrated because I am constantly fixing grids and dimensions. Please help.In brief, there are 3d grids and 2s grids.

3d grids are the ones that show up automatically...you actually want the 3d grids to encompass your whole entire project (at least as far as you want to see the grid)

2d grids are when you want a grid to be in a certain position on a view, but not in all the other views...

To select a 2d grid from a 3d grid, just click on the 3d text next to the grid, change the location and it won't affect your other views...

You can graphically distinguish one from the other because the 3d grid is a open circle, and the 2d is a solid circle.

I can give you more hints and info, but I will wait for your response...

Peace,

john.seppanen
2006-01-19, 07:18 PM
I'm also dealing with a similar issue, in that I have offset some of the grid bubbles in one view and these changes no do occur in all views. I am using the 3d grids.

Furthermore I have modified the position of section markers in one view and these changes also do not propogate to all view...

patricks
2006-01-19, 07:25 PM
Section mark head and tail positions and grid bubble offsets are view specific, I'm pretty sure.

richs
2006-01-19, 07:35 PM
Thanks, I had checked most of the grids to 2D (I thought I got them all) but I missed some. I think that will fix the problem. Is there a way that you can select all grids in a view and change them to 2D easily? Do you have tips for setting out grids to avoid these issues?

Thanks again

luigi
2006-01-19, 08:07 PM
I'm also dealing with a similar issue, in that I have offset some of the grid bubbles in one view and these changes no do occur in all views. I am using the 3d grids.

Furthermore I have modified the position of section markers in one view and these changes also do not propogate to all view...You might want to check an elevation, or section to see the location of the grids. Make sure that the 3d grids are above the highest level, and below the lowest level (do this in both direction..i.e.North and East)

If the grids are 3d and the ends are located outside of your model extents, then they will show in all views. The problem will arise if you have a curved or angular grid, then the view, to stretch the grid above and below your level, must be perpendicular to the grid....

luigi
2006-01-19, 08:11 PM
Thanks, I had checked most of the grids to 2D (I thought I got them all) but I missed some. I think that will fix the problem. Is there a way that you can select all grids in a view and change them to 2D easily? Do you have tips for setting out grids to avoid these issues?

Thanks againSorry, I don't know a way to change a group of grids all to 2d from 3d...maybe someone else...

But, what I do, is constantly make sure that the grids are properly covering the whole model (x,y and z) in a position that will benefit me the most (most occurrences) then, as I progress on my floor plans, I click on the 2d and locate it where I would like to see it in that specific view. So the 3d grid is always at the extents of my project.

Can't think of anyother hints or situation that arise for me...
Peace,

Rhythmick
2006-01-20, 12:38 AM
I pin my reference and grid lines to make sure they never move unless I unpin them to move them, then repin.