PDA

View Full Version : Shift + Right click does not bring up OSnap menu

Ken Cover
2006-01-20, 02:19 PM
I have a coworker that cannot get his [Shift][Right-click] (Osnap) menu to come up.
I cannot find how to turn it on.

Glenn Pope
2006-01-20, 05:32 PM
Do you have your Acad.CUI set as something else then your main CUI? Even though its best practic to have the Acad.cui as the enterprise CUI or a partial to the enterprise CUI. There is a bug with it. So you wouldn't be able to use Shift Right click. There are some work around. Take $P0=ACAD.SNAP $P0=* and add it to a command in the CUI. Then in the keyboard shortcuts add that command to be activated by using something like Ctrl+Alt+D. If you have a mouse with several buttons you can assign one to input that keystrokes using the mouse drivers.

bbarkman.62573
2006-12-06, 01:34 PM
Are you saying that in order for custom shortcut menus to work, they must reside in the ACAD.cui file, and this file must be loaded as the main cui?

.chad
2006-12-06, 03:18 PM
in your CUI interface, the mouse button options have a section (see image) and you can change what they do there. not sure if that will help at all, but its a thought.

Mike.Perry
2006-12-07, 05:06 AM
Are you saying that in order for custom shortcut menus to work, they must reside in the ACAD.cui file, and this file must be loaded as the main cui?Hi

If I was awake and paying attention during Bob Bell's AU 2006 class "Organization of the CUI", the load order of CUI files is as follows...

* Enterprise
* Enterprise Partials
* Main
* Main Partials

Menus, mouse buttons, etc work on the bases of the first instance loaded, will be the definition used.

Have a good one, Mike

Chris.N
2006-12-07, 01:45 PM
Hi

If I was awake and paying attention during Bob Bell's AU 2006 class "Organization of the CUI", the load order of CUI files is as follows...

* Enterprise
* Enterprise Partials
* Main
* Main Partials

Menus, mouse buttons, etc work on the bases of the first instance loaded, will be the definition used.

Have a good one, Mikeoh, and to avoid problems, make all your shortcut menus (r.click menus) reside in the first *.cui loaded, and don't have them in any other menus. there's a conflict 'bug' (?) if you have more than one.

(i WAS awake during that class!) ;)